When I was little (and I mean little) I saw Superman and fell in love with Christopher Reeve. I watched Superman and Superman II all the time. (I actually like the second one better.) I flipped the channel to see if the BYU-Utah football game was on (Go UTES!) and watched a little. Got bored so I decided to see if there were any good movies on. Superman II on Encore? Yes, please! I climbed under my comforter, grabbed a stitching project and got settled in for an hour and a half of my very own McDreamy. When I was in first grade, I had a dream that Superman came to my backyard birthday party and saved me from everyone who was being mean to me. I know what part of the fence he flew up over and where I was standing. I have never forgotten that dream. Ever, ever, ever. Watching this movie is a whole new experience every single time. I know all the vocal inflections, character/actor nuances and lines, but I still get giddy when I see it.

Even today, when I think back on the life of Christopher Reeve, I get teary eyed. I remember hearing that he was going to come and speak in Ogden at Weber State back when Rachel was only about 18 months old. I wanted to go so badly, but at that time we were a one car/one income family and it just wasn't an option. To this day I regret not making a bigger effort to go see him speak.
No comments:
Post a Comment