Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I am on one, jeez. PART TWO!!!!

I just checked my school email and Lo! BEHOLD! A response to my tasty morsel of (As Nicole put it) smart sarcasm.

Forgive me, I thought we were sharing our responses to the things Shakespeare made us think about...not attacking other people's parenting styles.

BRING IT ON, SISTER. BRING IT.

My response:

No comment was made on anyone's parenting styles. What if what I said is true for my life? Then whose lifestyle is being thrown out of consideration? Maybe I'm the only one who sees things that way. Am I wrong to assume that the question wasn't open ended? After all, an opinion was asked for, and I just happen to have one that I don't care to sugar coat so it's easier for people to swallow. I wasn't under the impression that I couldn't post if I wasn't in cohesion with the rest of people's opinions. After all, how can you have an even discussion if everyone voices the same opinion? I'd say I'm sorry, but I'm not. If A Midsummer Night's Dream is an offense to you, I pity that. I revel in it. I have a Pagan cousin, and if this is what it takes to get a conversation she can tolerate with me, than so be it. I don't like Bowdlerizing at all.

If we shadows have offended,
Think but this, and all is mended.

Thank you for giving me a chuckle, and thank you for finally making for an interesting discussion.

No comments: