Being the good California girl I am, I utilized said can of Spam into a delicious snack for me and a new treat for Rachel: MUSUBI!! I remember eating it all the time when I was out with the Chang Family, watching their kids while they performed at luaus and what-not. Musubi is incredibly easy, and I love it! Basically, you fry a slice of Spam, cook up some sticky rice, get some nori paper and wrap it all up. Musubi!
Not all creativity is original. I should know. I copy everyone else. Lately this has just been a sounding board.
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Thanks, I think
About a month or two ago Rachel, Helen and I went to a flash mob geocaching event at Nielsen's Grove Park in Orem. (Geocachers don't quite know what a flash mob is, but I'll give them credit for trying.) Anyway, at the end of the 15-minute event, DrJay, the organizer of the event, had a raffle for some small prizes. The last prize was a "mystery" and who should win it but my very own Rachie Roo. What was the prize? A can of SPAM. (Apparently DrJay is from Michigan, home of Spam.) Whatever.
Being the good California girl I am, I utilized said can of Spam into a delicious snack for me and a new treat for Rachel: MUSUBI!! I remember eating it all the time when I was out with the Chang Family, watching their kids while they performed at luaus and what-not. Musubi is incredibly easy, and I love it! Basically, you fry a slice of Spam, cook up some sticky rice, get some nori paper and wrap it all up. Musubi!
Being the good California girl I am, I utilized said can of Spam into a delicious snack for me and a new treat for Rachel: MUSUBI!! I remember eating it all the time when I was out with the Chang Family, watching their kids while they performed at luaus and what-not. Musubi is incredibly easy, and I love it! Basically, you fry a slice of Spam, cook up some sticky rice, get some nori paper and wrap it all up. Musubi!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We used to eat Spam growing up. However, I haven't had Spam since I moved out almost 14 years ago. Our favorite Hawaiian BBQ place serves Musubi. I'll have to try it sometime!
my friend Julie is half Japanese and she always talks about making musubi! She makes me a version without the spam :)
I had a Korean roommate who made me spam sushi...maybe the same idea?
Post a Comment