I found out today that one of my close friends (I can say that, right, Karli?) is actually leaving for Canada on Saturday. A bunch of us are getting together tomorrow at the Trolley for a last supper of sorts. I got a call today at work to let me know of the plans, and I'll be honest - I had to fight back the tears. I didn't think I would quite react like this (no offense) and am surprised at the thought. It's almost like running into people I know from my old ward in Provo: You don't expect their lives to be any different from when you left them. With Mike and Karli and the boys really, truly going this weekend it's a nice little dose of reality. Things are changing, and as hard as I try to ignore the reality of the matter, I can't. I'm just bummed. I'm sure I'll be the only one boobing tomorrow at lunch. (At least Mike gets one more 4th, right? Then what? Canada Day? I doubt they have fireworks displays as good as we do. After all, doesn't everything cost more up there? ;) )
I think today has just been one of those days for me... and it's a culmination of life's stresses and being so farking hot at work every day. When I get hot, I get extremely irritable. Apparently the thermostat at work for the grocery side of the store is right by the dairy cooler doors. That would be the obvious reason why after being at work for an hour I'm ready to go home and shower again. If anything is done about it, I'll be surprised. I'm just tired of hearing people who sit at a desk all day long complain that they're cold. Yeah, if you actually worked, you'd notice the heat.
But whatever. Today's just not been a good day. And to top it off, I'm not even into my week of green pills, so this is a total waste of energy!!!
2 comments:
I'm so sorry that you had such a crappy day, but I will admit... your post made me smile! I am really going to miss you and your family too! I love this little town and this ward and all you awesome Girls Night Out ladies! Crap, now I have tears in my eyes! I look forward to seeing you tomorrow and I'll bring my camera! I'll probably blog about it too! Love you!
Sorry to hear you had a rotten day. "Mamma said there'd be days like that!" It'll pass... Today is a NEW day! Just think....you could be like me..... huge, pregnant, and uncomfortable in this wonderful heat of Utah. It actually hasn't been too bad but I sometimes wonder if it's EVER going to end! Thanks goodness for central AC. (Even if my kids do have to wear their winter clothes in the house while it's 101 outside!)
Post a Comment