Thursday, July 3, 2008

Emotional outbursts and lashing out irrationally

I like that title.

I forgot to blog about this the other day and figured now is a better time than ever, considering that there are a few new readers (I hope) since this afternoon. Lunch was a blast, I might add.

So Helen and I were out and about going to every scrapbook in the area looking for a few things that I needed. We were headed home from CP, down by the Springville Walmart. I was on 9th East by our church, when I glanced over and saw some teenaged couple freaking DRY HUMPING on the church lawn. I think I yelled something and laid on the horn. A lot. They looked up and I was in such a frenzy of anger that instead of rolling down my window, I rolled down every other window in the car and not mine until it was too late. (Also known as being at the corner of 9th and 2nd.) I said, "Oh, no way," and hung a left, burning into the church parking lot. I was so angry. Since I had my window rolled down (finally) I proceeded to... LASH OUT IRRATIONALLY at said teenaged couple. Here's the extent of what I said:

"What you are doing is disgusting and intolerable! You are on church grounds, and this is offensive to me! I don't care how old you are! You can take your levi-loving and go somewhere else! Go to the school across the way or to a park or whatever, but don't do that on church grounds! This is private property and I'll call the cops!"

Of course what I said was definitely more effective, wasn't timed so well as what's written, and didn't sound so organized and comical. When I got home, I was so angry that I was barely able to get the key in the lock and go in the house.

Helen made the comment that I can turn on the anger when I want to.

I think she's right.

Dad called me once to see how I was doing. I said that I had an emotional outburst and felt much better. He responded, "Just like your mother."

5 comments:

Karli said...

Ewwwwwww!!!

Moose and Family said...

You are so funny!! Don't you feel much better now? I'm sure those teenagers were quite surprised! I would have loved to been there.

joanna said...

Gross, gross gross. Good for you!

Shaun Heier said...

you are funny.

Moose and Family said...

(Moose here) "Levi lovin"? ROFLMAO! That's classic! You go girl! Make sure they never do that on church property again. Tsk tsk.