Friday, January 22, 2010

If you read ONE thing today, let it be this:

A member of my family (not Rod or Rachel) had something very, very negative happen to them earlier this week. They are juvenile age, so I will refrain from giving their name, and will refrain from disclosing their sex. It involved inappropriate behavior in a public restroom at a retail outlet. The backlash from this is already out of control because of the profession of the offender. My family member was the victim.

To all my friends who read this: Please tell your children it is okay to tattle on grown-ups who do inappropriate things around them. Let your children know that their safety is the most important thing to you and that you will go to any extreme to defend them.

2 comments:

Cherylyn said...

Thank you so much for posting this. I was molested by a babysitter when I was 4 years old, and it has affected me my whole life. I'm so paranoid about protecting my children and trying to ensure that nothing like that ever happens to them.

nicole said...

Oh Sarah! I am so sorry to hear about this happening to someone close to you. thank you for posting this! I was touched innappropriately as a child in a store and IMMEDIATELY told my Dad who wasn't near me when it happened. He dealt with it, but the guy got away. There were effects from that day that I didn't realize till I was much older.

Hang in there guys, love to you all!