On another note, I am shamelessly stealing (and have been given her blessing, which forgives the stealing) an idea from my friend Nicole's blog. I love reading her posts. They are amazing. And no, I'm not trying to be part of the mutual admiration society that it seems the world's turned into. Nicole's blog blows me away. ♥
I have so many things I need to do and keep a running list in my head. Do any of those things get done? Not really. Why is that? Because I'm the only one who knows about them, and there is no accountability. So, dear reader, I am kicking off the new year with an admission of my goals ~NOT resolutions~ so that I will hopefully keep up with them and turn my "to do" list into a "did" list.
(And in my effort to start on those goals, I actually discovered something just now that will make me seem like an idiot but feel like a GENIUS! There's a "compose" tab - BRILLIANT!)
January Goals
- Go on ONE legitimate date with Rod. This does not include lunch breaks or late night trips to Walmart.
- Paint the hallway, including the trim.
- Devote daily time for scripture study - at least 15 minutes.
- Walk 30 minutes 5x a week, or do Wii Fit for 30 minutes 5x a week.
- Learn how to make my blog look prettier, so I can be less woeful in my inability to be creative.
Semester Goals
- Maintain a B Average.
- Get a Chemistry tutor. Pricey, but necessary. Absolutely necessary.
- Pull my overall GPA back up to a decent one so I can start preparing to transfer to the University of Utah.
2010 Goals
I know this is a crude list, but it is a work in progress. There are many, many more goals I have listed on the paper in front of me. I'm going to have to learn how to budget my time more wisely, that's for sure.
- Reduce consumer debt by 50%.
- Drink more water, and less soda.
- Eat more veggies, and less salty snacks.
- Paint the kitchen and the kitchen cabinets.
- Paint the front room.
- Paint the ceiling.
- Spend more time thinking about blessings instead of looking at the negative.
- Make more Rachel time.
I know this is a crude list, but it is a work in progress. There are many, many more goals I have listed on the paper in front of me. I'm going to have to learn how to budget my time more wisely, that's for sure.
4 comments:
I love the comment about late night trips to Wal-Mart! I haven't bothered with resolutions, or even goals at New Year's in several years. Maybe I should sit down and put together my own list. Thanks for sharing :)
Most of the things on your list should be on my list!!! Thanks.
Hooray for posting goals!! Simple, short, and to the point, you did great. And as for the blog shout out, thanks girlie! xoxo
I admire you for making a list. You'll do GREAT!!
Post a Comment