Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Surprisingly Awesome!!

I think I did pretty good this month, considering.

Walk 4x week for 30 minutes, or Wii Fit/Fit Plus/Pilates 4x 30 minutes every week.

Gotta do better.

Scripture study. Every day, because I should. Heavenly Father has time for me. I need to better to make time for Him.

I think I did pretty well with this. Even if it is one or two chapters a day, I think that's better than nothing.

Get my craft room re-organized. Now that Helen's moving out, I am able to reclaim that space. Everything's been sitting in the front room for 7 months, and I hate it when people come over and see my craft room explosion.

I am not anywhere near to finishing this, but I can definitely say that I'm farther along than I had anticipated. This is quite the undertaking, you see. It's overflowing into March, and I think it can be done by/over Spring Break.

Find one new thing to make my woefully uncreative blog less woeful.

Success!! I LOVE my list book! I just need to transfer things from the book to my blog.

Focus more on finding joy in life. I know I talk a lot about my feelings of inadequacy and my desire to be happier. It's easy to spot the negative when you're not feeling on top of your game emotionally.

Success again!! Granted, I have days where I want to scream bloody murder and act like Veruca Salt. HOWEVER, I can say I've learned how to just let things roll off my back a little bit easier and not worry so much about what other people think. I was talking to Rod the other night and said that I have finally started to feel like I can start truly living for myself and doing things for myself that I have felt stifled about before, while still focusing my energy on my family. Don't ask me how I've done that, because I can't tell you. I just know that it's totally internal and it's only taken me 32, almost 33 years to get there. And boy, does it feel gooooood.

So, on to March goals!


  • Get the Christmas stragglers put away, as well as any other out of season decorations around the house. This includes the snowy wreath on the front door.
  • Walk Winston (who, I might add, is such a joy in my life) as much as I can, especially now that he's getting used to his leash and I don't have to stop every 5 feet and tell him, "Come on! Let's go!"
  • Finish moving things out of the front room and putting said things into their right places.
  • Cook more meals from home. I truly love to cook, but I just don't want to right now. I need to, too. My pants are telling me so.
  • Prep and get one of my finished cross-stitch projects framed. (I know Nicole, I still need to show you the 'Anatomy of an Easy Project' all finished up.)
  • Continue to read the scriptures daily.
  • Continue to find bits of joy in life and be a better person because of them.

4 comments:

Karli said...

"Focus more on finding joy in life. I know I talk a lot about my feelings of inadequacy and my desire to be happier. It's easy to spot the negative when you're not feeling on top of your game emotionally."

I'm guess that the daily scripture study has helped with the above immensley. :)

Nicole said...

Great job Sarah!! I would love to your your finished project, but we are halfway through the semester, so don't sweat it unless you need a major distraction. :)

So tell me, what did you do/change that allowed you to do your daily scripture study? I am struggling with remembering to do it, mornings are way to crazy for me right now, and man alive I am just listing excuses now.

XOXO

Word verification: grapbat (love it)

Sarah said...

@Karli: Thank you for making that correlation. I didn't think about that, and I think you're right! (By the way, I LOVE your chair!)

@Nicole: I have my Bible sitting on my nightstand. I have trouble falling asleep right away, so I read by the light of my bedside lamp until I can't tolerate it anymore and have to fall asleep. And as for any major distractions, please. All I need to know is that I have a pending quiz or test in Chemistry and I suddenly get the urge to dust the floorboards.

Moose and Family said...

Sarah - you are awesome!! Keep up the good work.