Sunday, February 21, 2010

Book of Lists

I am so glad there are creative people in the world, especially ones who like to write books for woefully uncreative people like me. I promised Rachel I'd take her to Barnes & Noble to spend her gift card I gave her for Valentine's Day, so we went last night after picking Rod up from work. I kid you not - the feeling I get from stepping over the threshold of a bookstore is equivalent to a druggie finding 1 kilo on the ground. The man I've been living with for almost 13 years had the audacity to ask me if I had a book list. I whipped out my Crackberry and reminded him of the running list I have on my phone, not including the lists I have in the car, on the backs of receipts in my purse, and in the myriad almost-empty notebooks scattered around the house. What are the list contents? Wish lists. Song lists. Book lists. Shopping lists. Favorite things lists. Pet peeves lists. Lists of lists.

So anyway, I have had my eye on a few list books and decided to go ahead and get one. I thought the one I bought looked interesting, and it definitely wasn't as pretty as the other two I've been coveting. This book actually was a book I'd consider writing in (which is TOTAL, UTTER blasphemy in my.... book) and the price was one I'd be willing to pay (with my shiny B&N member card which actually gets used at Starbucks more often than I'd like to admit) and I figured, "CARPE LIST BOOK!" and bought it.

I thought I'd use the list book as an idea platform to journal more. I think it'll keep my interest higher than it has been with every blank book I've ever bought with the intention of filling up with my deep, dark, secret feelings about Pampered Chef and scrapbook paper. So stay tuned. I'll still list my favorite things, and will now start writing thoughts inspired by my new favorite book that isn't A Separate Peace.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I freaking love you, you makeme smile. i can't wait to hear your deep dark PC secrets. LOL