Friday, October 2, 2009

Overwhelmed

...But in a good way.

Today I went up to the Huntsman Cancer Institute in Salt Lake City and met with my volunteer coordinator/boss lady and got even more paperwork going for my volunteering stint. It almost felt like I was signing closing documents with as many things as I signed and dated. I even had to sign a confidentiality agreement. I knew I'd have to sign one, but it's cool to say I have actually signed one. (Yes, I know I'll do the same when I'm a REAL nurse when I'm a REAL grown-up.)

After my meeting ended, I got into the car and I just started bawling. I'm still really emotional about the day's events (even though it technically it didn't last all day; just an hour) and have the "I've been crying" eyes, even though I stopped crying 3.5 hours ago. I immediately called Rod and told him what happened and to give him more details about my job (PATIENT INTERACTION!!!!) and the hours. I made a few more phone calls and tried to hold myself together, but yeah... I'm a girl, I'm a Vaughan.

It's so hard to wrap my head around this. I was telling Rod and Ronna how I am finally starting to realize my dream. I'm starting to live for me, and it's so overwhelming (in the positive) and I'm totally excited and just want to shout my barbaric yawp from the rooftops of the world!!

YAWP!!


CARPE DIEM!!!!!

2 comments:

Karli said...

Congratulations! Your caring personality and your bloody hilarious sense of humor are going to really help you out in the position, I'm sure of it! Yay You!

Moose and Family said...

YAY!!! Congratulations!!!