Thursday, September 17, 2009

Here... we.... gooo!!!

(The title is a reference to the Peter Pan ride at D-land. The first time I went on it, I thought I was going to die. Now you'll understand the rest of this post.)

As I'm sure all of you have noticed on my facebook page, I just booked my flight to San Diego in October. Let me tell you how on edge I am now. After I clicked on the "BUY TICKETS" button, I nearly went into hysterics but withheld myself because Rachel was standing there. The last time I was on a plane really was in 1996. Rod and Rachel both love flying. We're planning a trip to FL next summer to visit my oldest sister, and the only means of getting there (in both Rod AND Rachel's opinion) is to fly.

I made sure my seat on both flights is right in the middle of the plane, and right on the aisle. I don't want to see out, I don't want to see down. I want to knock myself out so that when the plane reaches its cruising altitude and it feels as though the plane is going to crash but it really isn't, I don't scream out in fear. Turbulence? Turbulence is torture. I hear the plane shaking and think that the wings are going to fall off and we are going to plummet to our imminent death. I worry about the pilot being drunk. I hate not being connected to the ground in some way, shape, or form.

I want to go to Magic Mountain.

1 comment:

Moose and Family said...

(Aaron posting)- I dislike flying, too, so I feel your pain. I hate how cramped and crowded the flights are, the hassle of going through pre-flight check-in, and turbulance is the worst. I don't have the best equilibrium, so if the flight hits turbulence, I feel nauseous. I am SO grateful when the jet touches down and we are on tera firma again!

Good luck with it all - and yeah, you should probably go to Magic Mtn. Mickey Mouse sucks.