Sunday, August 3, 2008

I can't take it anymore!

I'm on the Twilight bandwagon. I waited with a bajillion teenaged girls at Barnes and Noble Friday night, anxiously awaiting the last book of the series, Breaking Dawn.

It's Sunday afternoon. 5:34, to be exact. I still haven't finished. I'm trying my hardest to finish. But I can't. I can barely tolerate this book. I am at my wit's end, trying to break through Stephenie Meyer's hideous writing. I am seriously thinking of starting a website totally devoted to her favorite words, "grimace," and "murmur," and to her favorite phrases, "I blushed," or "If I could blush, I would."

Good grief. The first section of the book was absolutely horrible. As I've mentioned to a few friends, I think it's possible that it was hard to keep my interest because I'm married. What happens at the end of that first section, however, is when Stephenie Meyer "jumps the shark." No spoilers, but for those of you who've read BD, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

Then we get to Jacob's part of the book. Aah! For once, my interest is piqued! I'm racing through the pages, anxious to see what's going to happen, and then... *poof!* Uggh. Are you kidding me?! Stephenie Meyer "jumps the shark" again!

I'm now back into the Bella part (I'm hoping there are no more sections after this) and am reading just for the sake of finding out whether or not Stephenie Meyer can redeem herself. At this point, I'm just absolutely disgusted and appalled that I waited in line for this book. My opinion of the book, thus far? EXCREMENT.

1 comment:

Moose and Family said...

I have finally gotten some reading done. I'm into about page 200 or so. Don't spoil it for me!! I'm scheduled to have my baby on Thursday. My goal is finish by then. I finished the other books in 2 or 3 days max. This one is moving a little slower for me so far but I still keep picking it up to continue reading and see what happens next. I'll keep you posted.