I have also discovered, since we moved into our house 5 years ago, that I love Utah. Let me clarify, before some of you die from a sudden lack of oxygen to the brain. I love Utah, the state. To get even more specific, I love Northern Utah. Why do I love it so? Two things: The mountains, and the seasonal change. There is something absolutely mystifying about watching a tree throughout the year.
Not all creativity is original. I should know. I copy everyone else. Lately this has just been a sounding board.
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Seasons
I love California, don't get me wrong.
I have also discovered, since we moved into our house 5 years ago, that I love Utah. Let me clarify, before some of you die from a sudden lack of oxygen to the brain. I love Utah, the state. To get even more specific, I love Northern Utah. Why do I love it so? Two things: The mountains, and the seasonal change. There is something absolutely mystifying about watching a tree throughout the year.
In our backyard, we have this ornamental plum tree that turns the most amazing shade of pink in the springtime, just before the leaves start to grow. Its blossoms are so beautiful.
On the street where we live, there are several of these trees that bloom, reminding me of Anne of Green Gables - She's riding with Matthew on the way from the train station, and as they're going through "The Avenue," she says something like, "No, that's not a good name. I'm going to call this 'White Way to Light.'" That's what my street reminds me of. I tried getting a full picture, but there really is no way to come close to capturing the total beauty of the trees in bloom. All along the block there are pink and white blossoms. Last year, Rod planted three more of these ornamental plums in the front yard to help out with keeping the front yard a little more shaded and to add a little more privacy in the years to come. I look forward to these blossoms every year.
I have also discovered, since we moved into our house 5 years ago, that I love Utah. Let me clarify, before some of you die from a sudden lack of oxygen to the brain. I love Utah, the state. To get even more specific, I love Northern Utah. Why do I love it so? Two things: The mountains, and the seasonal change. There is something absolutely mystifying about watching a tree throughout the year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I agree. I love seeing the change of seasons. Especially in Spring as the flowers & trees bloom. I miss the fog and mild temperatures all year round in CA.
barf. i hate utah. and idaho. especially idaho.
Boo. I miss Utah the state. I don't miss Utah the people. They all need to be weeded out before I can ever go back.
Post a Comment