Thursday, April 10, 2008

Record players

I remember having a tan and brown record player growing up. If I had a picture of it, I'd post it. I listened to as much music as I possibly could on that thing. Albums I remember having: Rachmaninoff Piano Concertos (He was on the cover), Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto #1, Supertramp - Breakfast in America, Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky, The Neverending Story soundtrack, Elton John - Too Low for Zero, The Mission soundtrack, Bach Violin Concertos, and (at the time) my most favorite album was Watch Me Sing, Vol. 1, by Janeen Brady.







I remember looking at the cover of that album and pretending that I was the brown-haired girl in the center. I would flip the cover over and see times printed by the song titles and think, "Why are these here? Am I supposed to listen to each of these songs at the listed time? One of these is 1:52 and another is 1:53. How's that going to work?" Aah, the naivety.


EDIT: Every single one of those albums is still monumental to me. Many, many memories are correlated with the songs on those albums. Even to this day I can remember where all the skips and scratches were on those records.

2 comments:

Moose and Family said...

I LOVE your new background. I can't relate to the music stuff though. We had a brown & tan tape player that we used to listen to books on tape. Maybe that's why I prefer reading to listing to music?? Aaron has like a million songs on his ipod. I can barely fill mine with 200!!

Sarah said...

Yeah, you and Rod are in the same boat. He's always coming to me for music. :)