Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Uggh!

I think there needs to a mandate put out by UVU stating that all professors are to profess (notice I said that and not teach? Yeah, it's because they don't teach. Professors tell. Teachers teach.) in a way that is easy for ALL learning styles to actually LEARN. I am struggling with my O Chem class right now because all the guy does is talk. There are slides, but they don't have details on them. I'm so busy trying to write down the details he's saying that by the time I get what it is he's saying written on paper, he's moved on to the next two slides and I'm lost again. We've only been in class for 3 weeks and we're already on chapter 5 and I am still trying to figure out chapter 2.

On the other hand my Microbiology professor only uses slides, but he actually discusses things with us and spends at least 10 minutes on each slide, telling us examples and about experiments and things like that. I understand that.

Sorry to vent. I'm just really frustrated. Not only with the class but at the fact that I played hooky because I'm so frustrated with the class and all I've done is decompress and eat two spoonfuls of peanut butter. Totally not with my program.

No comments: