Monday, January 3, 2011

Sara

I came across this when I was cleaning out my craft room and I have been weepy ever since. This sweet girl was my friend in 1st grade. She left such a huge, huge imprint on my heart that to this day, she is a huge reason why I want to be in pediatric oncology. People ask me why I want to go into a field that's full of lows and not many highs. My response? I love these kids. I love them more than words can express. I want to be there with them while they go through that stage in their lives. I want to be there for the lows, for the highs, and everything in between. For my friend, Sara, for all the children who have ever had cancer, and for all the children who will face cancer, I'm going to make it, and I'm going to be there with you.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Love this, the motivation, the story, even the tears.