Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I have some friends!

I should be writing a paper right now about Shakespeare's sonnets, but I have something heavy on the mind. I'm not nervous about this, nor do I have any inkling of trepidation. I am excited to get this OVER WITH. For at least a year, I've had this weird, hard bump on my foot. It was hard to the touch and never really bothered me. However, about 5 months ago I noticed that it was getting a little bit bigger and was causing some mild discomfort if I crossed my feet just right. I went to a podiatrist and he gave me a steroid shot and sent me on my way. The bump, who I've named Steve, went away for the most part and I never gave a second thought to it. About 3 months ago, I noticed Steve coming back full force, and this time he brought a friend, Bill. Bill was lower on my foot and really irritated me. I just decided to live with the discomfort. When Bill started to get red on the outside, I knew it was time to go back to the podiatrist. This time I went to the best podiatrist on the planet, Mark Rogers, who did Rod's reconstructive foot surgery about 9 years ago. The guy is amazing. Anyway, long story short - Steve and Bill are ganglion cysts, caused by a tear in the tendon running along the outside of my foot. I get to have surgery on the 17th of November to rid my body of Steve and Bill. Steve's on my tendon, Bill's on my nerve. Literally. HA! I'll have a nice spot of stitches, and I'm hoping I'll get to watch them remove Steve and Bill from my foot. I'd want to play with them because I'm gross like that, but I'm not counting on it. :)

3 comments:

Cherylyn said...

You crack me up! Will they be able to fix your torn tendon when they remove Steve and Bill? I wonder if there's something Matt could do to help the tendon and nerve heal properly...

Nicole said...

Oh girlie, PLAY with them?! GAG LOLOLOOL, you are so funny. You sounds completley okay with this, so I won't be stressed out either. :) How long will you be off your feet? Stitching time!!

Moose and Family said...

I don't think Steve and Bill are the kind of friends you really want to have. Thank goodness for GOOD doctors!