Tuesday, December 22, 2009

That's more like it!

My Christmas cards are about 90% finished. I got the first round of mailed cards out early last week, the first round of neighborhood cards distributed Friday night, the second round of neighborhood cards distributed Sunday night, and sent the last handful of to-be-mailed cards out this morning. I'm finishing up on getting things arranged with my mom's present, and will be heading down to the post office in the next hour or so to two-day ship it. I plan on staying up late,late, late tonight watching movies and cross stitching. Hopefully we can get the strand of lights on the tree fixed so we can decorate it, too. I know it's not that big of a deal to have such a small area out on the tree, but I am totally fixated on it. I wish I could get over that kind of crap.

At least I've been able to survive with one non-functioning light on my perfectly straight white Christmas lights on the house.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Whatcha cross stitching right now? I have been looking ( for years1) for a really cool sampler, know of any?

Sarah said...

Oh, I found this incredible Christmas book at the store last week. It's called Joyeux Noel, and it's published by Blackbird Designs. I know it's a Christmas sampler, but they had a completed piece at the store, along with a few others from the same book that I was just drooling over. The piece I'm working on right now is a petit point James Christensen reproduction of The Ten Lepers. I'll hurry and take a pic of how far I've gotten. Google the print. It's amazing.

Cherylyn said...

I keep meaning to thank you for the card. I love that you make your own cards. The first time I got one from you a few years ago I was really touched and almost brought to tears (I don't cry easily, so that was really something for me). I just want you to know that I appreciate it :)

Cherylyn said...

I know, crying over a Christmas card, right? In my defense, I was probably pregnant at the time ;)