Sunday, December 6, 2009

Daydreams

I have been thinking about the summer already. Not because it snowed 6" last night, but because I'm anticipating my summer break and all the fun and wonderful things I have planned. I'm going to show my (un)creative side by letting you, dear reader, watch my progress on a few projects I have in the works.

On another note, I have been at odds with this countdown I have had going of the end of the semester. It's a very bittersweet countdown. While people are getting into the advent season and Christ's arrival, I am having a very hard time accepting the end of this month. I don't think she reads my blog, so I'm considering this a good way to get some of this weight off my back.

My bosom friend is moving back to her hometown at the end of the semester, and before the end of the month. I've been consistently joking about her staying and changing her mind and coming to live with us for free and offering every incentive under the sun to stay here. I know her draw to California and to her awesome dad and her sweet Grandma-ma. I think today was my big breaking point. I have so many awesome and wonderful friends in my life, but this friend is someone I have an unbreakable bond with. She is my soul sister, the Anne to my Diana. I don't want time to progress, but it's inevitable.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh Sarah, I have been there, and very recently. Except my friend got married and pregnant all in a one month time frame. Not neccessarily in that order AND she was in Korea for over a year. So now, when she comes back next week, I know she is thinking things will be the same. But it won't because her two pack ( her and her son) does not fit with my two pack (me and Alex, when Casey is on a business trip). I mourned the loss of this support and friendship ( the way it was) for the last three months. I know she thinks my self imposed distance is because of her new husband, but it is really because I know it is not the same, and that makes me sad. Yeah, I know I know, it is stupid of me to pull away, but it is how I curl up and protect that little hurt part inside of me. *sigh*

PS: I kept your last blog comment in my inbox for three days because it made me smile. I think you are the only one to get why I make a goal list. All I hear is critisism on my end on what I didn't finish, so thank you.

PPS: Sorry for the epic comment. :)

Cherylyn said...

I don't know if this will be helpful at all, but I thought I would share. I've found that the closest friends don't ever truly go away. Yes, things change and you don't always get to live close or see each other all the time like you want to. We get married, have kids, get busier with our lives all the time. But your true friend will always be your friend, no matter what. The relationship dynamic changes over time, but the bond holds strong. I've gone through this, and I've found that no matter how much time has passed since you last talked, you can pick up the phone and call and it's like no time has passed at all. It's not like this with every friend, but the closest friends will be.

I've been mourning the loss of friends myself in a somewhat different manner, and I understand what you're going through.

Sorry for another epic comment.