Friday, June 5, 2009

Decisions, decisions...

We're turning off the cable June 21st for to save money. I'll have to find a way to watch Dexter and Big Love and True Blood and Medium and Private Practice and the rest of Pushing Daisies and Dirty Sexy Money. Man, I didn't realize I watched that much TV. Tivo makes it seem much, much shorter.

I'm keeping Netflix for now, though. I haven't gotten through all of my Law and Order shows yet.

5 comments:

Karli said...

Download the Torrents. this is what we do and it works great. We've never had cable but watch all the new shows! True Blood huh? I read the books... SCANDALOUS! :)

erika said...

We have actually watched all the shows we love (HBO shows and some others) through netflix. But then you have to wait....

Sarah said...

Yeah, I did the Netflix thing a few years ago but wasn't impressed with the speed of things. Once I found out there was the ability to watch a pretty good variety of shows online (including lots of BBC shows I love so much) I signed up again.

Cherylyn said...

Our dish service and DVR would be really hard to let go of. For me and Matt, watching shows together after the kids go to bed is the time we have together and we can unwind from the day. I admire anyone who can give that up. I'm not sure I could do it unless I had no other choice!

Moose and Family said...

We haven't had cable in 4 years. You'll survive!! :)