Sunday, April 19, 2009

Why is it?

I don't understand why it is that I get so close to finishing something and stop working on it altogether. This applies to so many things, including cross-stitch projects, sewing projects, scrapbooking, cleaning, and most of all at this point in my life, school. The semester is only two weeks away from being finished (and that's including finals) and I've already resigned to the fact that Chem is out the window and will be retaking that later, I've had to give up on Spanish because it was overtaking my ability to focus on my math class, and now that I'm only working on math, I just don't care anymore and am ready to give up that ghost in favor of a second shot another semester. I have no drive, no oomph, no anything. Kind of like when I was at USU. My third quarter, I just up and quit. I lost my drive.

The only thing I can think of is this: My first time around with school, I had a major event happen that shook the core of me and I lost all focus. This time around I had a bomb dropped on me that, once again, shook my core and threw my life into a sort of tailspin. Bad things come in threes, right? Maybe I should chalk this all up for experience and just admit that life sucks three semesters/quarters into college. Just one difference: This time I'm not quitting.

1 comment:

Karli said...

Good for you! Don't quit. Cause that not the Sarah I know. Sarah is NO quitter!!! Love you girl!