Saturday, April 11, 2009

Only a child of the 2000s

... would think of being a sound mixer for a career. Rachel's been bitten by the technology bug and has decided (after watching Wall-E 4 times a day since it came out on DVD) that she wants to be the person who makes sounds for movies. It's definitely not the most commonly thought of career by a 10-year old.

Reflecting on my own desires for a life long career, I wanted to be a marine biologist, an English teacher, and now a nurse.

And speaking of becoming a nurse, I registered for fall classes this morning, and I feel like the lineup isn't as daunting as this current semester's choices. I think I'll survive without any wailing and gnashing of teeth. On the docket: Chem (again), English (a writing class, which I love), beginning guitar (which means I need to get one) and a film class (in which I know I've seen 95% of the movies they watch). I'm sure I'm going to be on academic probation, so this will be a nice lineup to show the school that I really do care.

No comments: