Friday, December 10, 2010

Update

This has been a crazy however long it's been since my surgery. I spent two weeks pretty heavily drugged and since then I feel like I've been in a slight tailspin. I've had a chance to do a bit of reflecting on things, and I think 2011 is going to be the best year yet for me. Maybe I'm coming up on a midlife crisis or something, I don't know. I really don't have the desire to spend insane amounts of money on frivolous things, but I do have plans to hire a personal trainer (who's also a good friend) and get my sorry self whipped into shape. I have a gym membership already, but I know that hiring him will help me (re)learn what I need to focus on and what will be the best benefit to me.

My foot is slowly getting better, I think, but Mama Angie looked at it yesterday and says my foot is really, really angry. I see Dr. Mark on Monday, so we'll see.

I'm almost done with the semester, and I am so ready to be done with it. I had a Chem test last night and the final's on Thursday. I did better on my 3rd test than I thought, but this test I took last night made me feel uneasy. I had a cheat sheet, but even then I left the classroom trying to fight back tears. (I've cried after at least one test every time I've taken Chemistry, except for this semester, and I'm determined to keep it that way, although last night after my pain medication kicked in I was sobbing, but I think it was mostly because I was so loopy and everything was making me cry uncontrollably.)

And if you're still with me, thank you. Not only for staying with me in this post, but in my blog at all. I have these intentions to blog about being woefully uncreative and to show the latest ideas I've hijacked from other people (hey, Martha Stewart does it, too) but school has managed to take over my life. Next semester, that will all change. I'm taking 9 credits - two classes and their subsequent labs, and I'm hoping that things won't be so chaotic for me.

So thank you.

1 comment:

Cherylyn said...

I'm still with you :)