Saturday, July 17, 2010

Random things thingie

I was looking at all my old notes from facebook, back when everyone was filling out those questionnaires and tagging their friends. I believe this is the first one I did, and I couldn't help but laugh. There are a few things that have changed since then, which is good.

Random things thingie:

1. I am a creature of habit. (Not in that crazy Dave from work way, but unbeknownst to my friends, it's not that far off.) I have a routine to my life, and any deviation from it makes me want to rip my hair out by the root. I am anal about perfection in pretty much everything, too. (Think Sleeping With The Enemy - sheets, towels, cans of food...) My current job doesn't count.

2. As I was telling a friend earlier, I am proud to be able to say I don't have to rely on my vanity to be happy, not only with myself and my surroundings, but my husband as well. I love him for who he is and his idiosyncratic ways, not what I want him to be or what I expect of him.

3. I can't function without music. I have to have something playing all the time, even when going to bed and waking up in the morning. Days that I forget my headphones at work are torturous. It's hard to function without music because then I'm left with my own thoughts, and those thoughts tend to make me a very, very unpleasant person.

4. I regret the relationship status between me and one of my sisters.

5. I constantly worry that my attitude about not wanting more children is going to reflect negatively on my eternal progression.

6. I constantly feel guilty about only having Rachel, but then remind myself that that part of my life isn't in my hands at all.

7. I still want to be buried with Wank (my blanket).

8. I like Rick Astley, and own his first album. Rick-Roll me all you want. I won't care.

9. While I have said I am happy with my surroundings, I'll interject that I do not like living in Utah. At all. I am happy with my surroundings, but only because I have chosen to surround myself with things and people that I love, and make the absolute most with it. I will not mention the things I dislike about Utah for fear of offending someone. I'd much rather live in Oregon, Washington state, Maine, New Hampshire, or Connecticut. This is why I want to hurry up and get done with school - I could move to any of those states and have a guaranteed job.

10. In my book, purple is the most superior of colors.

11. I love to cook. I love to cook new things. I love to cook for people. I hate loathe baking. I would cook something new everyday if I could afford to.

12. Greece and The Galapagos Islands are my two most desired destinations in life. I fear that when I finally make it to Greece, I will not be able to leave.

13. I have the best fake family ever. No one, not even my other sisters, will ever have the bragging rights I do. I have the most awesome fake parents and fake brother and sister. And these fake people are REAL. My full name is Sarah Diane Vaughan Oak Dockstader. Stick that in your inner ear and fall over on the other side.

14. I have to give big ups to my fake mom for inspiring me to be as creative as I possibly can. I love to scrapbook, make cards, sew, cross-stitch, cook, and everything else domestic goddesses (or at least wanna-bes like me) do, because of her. (I even have a craft room! ... but it's all labelled and organized.)

15. I am a morning person. I feel like I can get much more done in my day if I get an early start to it.

16. I would own a Rottweilier if my sister-in-law hadn't gotten attacked by one when she was younger. She told me if we ever got one, she'd never come over. I don't blame her. But then, she never knew Helga or Anika.

17. I can only put white Christmas lights on my house. Rod and Rachel have asked year after year to put up colored lights, and I give the "We'll see," response year after year. I can't bring myself to do it. Colored lights are messy to me. They're unorganized. And not only do I lack the ability to put colored lights on the house, I have no tolerance for people who do not use hooks on every one of their lights to make them perfectly straight. I like my white, C9 bulbs pointing upwards, all perfectly straight, and all perfectly lit.

18. To go along with the white outside Christmas lights, I have to have white lights on the tree as well. I also lack the ability to string the lights haphazardly along the branches. Each branch has to have lights, and it's so bad that when you turn on our Christmas tree, there's a power surge. I just can't deal with no lights on every part.

19. There is comfort in cherry Slurpees when I'm really sick. Only cherry.

20. I have a large affinity for all things Harry Connick, Jr. I love him. It's too bad we couldn't take our relationship to the next level. I just didn't want to overshadow his up and coming career. I'm proud of what he's made of himself. Oh well, there's sacrifice in every relationship.

21. I have a severe fear of flying. I have major panic attacks and will lose all grips on reality when faced with flying. Some people (MOM) have interpreted that as a lack of desire to travel. Not true. I would travel as often as I could. There are two major things getting in the way of that: RESPONSIBILITY and CASHOLA.

22. I judge books by their covers.

23. I hate the Twilight series. Yes, I have read all four books.

24. I am playing the piano in church on Sunday and still haven't decided what I 'm playing.

25. I can stick my mouth over a doorknob.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

HAHAHAH I *LOVE* this list, girlie you crack me up. I also *LOVE* the new look to your blog, very pretty and very you!

Moose and Family said...

I remember when you originally posted this. Thanks for sharing again. A fun reminder why we get along so well!! :)