As with many things, (mainly books and music) I have an affinity for textures. I'm still mid-craft room/guest room overhaul and lately I've been more fixated on the guest room aspect than anything else. I only have a twin-sized bed in there, too, which is why I think I've been devoting more time to the bed. Finding what I want in that sized bedding is becoming quite the daunting task. I went to
Alice Lane almost a month ago and found some killer fabric that I ordered and will have a pillow crafted from. That pillow, while originally was designated for the guest room, will eventually make its way to my bedroom, methinks, because it is so awesome and I want it for me, not my guest. (Sorry, Guest, but it really is too cool to have in there unnoticed. Maybe I'll let you come look at it when you come stay over, but don't get your hopes up.) Anyway, I went to Ikea last week with Rachel to see if I could find something I could use for bedding. I wound up falling in love with almost all of their new fabrics. Because I am trying to do more for the bed with fabrics (pillows of all shapes and sizes and fabrics) and less with the bedding itself, I went a little crazy. One of my projects for the summer (and hopefully before Guest comes over for a visit) is to get the pillows of all shapes and sizes made and looking totally awesome. Even Rachel got excited at the prospect of making a pillow and chose a yard of what she fancied. I just hope that the vision in my head and what the bed actually looks like when I'm finished are the same thing.
At this point I'll even take a "close enough" result.
Here's what I picked out.

Here's what Rachel picked out. I commend her on her taste. I think this is really pretty!

I could have sworn that I got one or two more patterns. Maybe I was actually thinking about my budget that night. Go me. :)
1 comment:
OH!!! I miss Ikea so badly. The closest one is 4 hours away. I guess I don't miss it THAT badly. LOL
Post a Comment