Here's a little thread from Olivia's facebook page. I find it quite hilarious.
ME: I wish people would stop comparing Obama to MLK Jr. All Obama did was get elected. Obama doesn't even hold a candle to MLK Jr.
HIM: all he did was get elected. you should think aboot that again.
ME: Is there an echo? I don't have to think about that again. A celebrity rock star got elected. I can't wait for this love affair to end.
HIM: yeah there is an echo. for it takes some people a while to get things. maybe in a while you will understand that it was the people treating him like a rockstar. not the other way around. but thats alright you got four years to let it fester.
ME:Oh, I get it. Obama's the first black president. And yes, he is a celebrity rockstar. Obama hasn't DONE ANYTHING to prove his mettle. Comparing Obama's election to MLK's marches, boycotts, Nobel peace prize, campaigns, speeches, and penultimate doom is like comparing Rachmaninoff to Britney Spears. I'm talking about comparing one man's accomplishments to another, not what you are trying to counterpoint. If that doesn't make sense to you, read a book about Obama's life. Then read one of myriad books about Martin Luther King, Jr., and then tell me I don't "get it." Obviously my initial statement is beyond your level of comprehension. This is Olivia's thread anyway, and I have better things to do that explain myself to you.
HIM: cool
What I didn't include in my last comment was, "Don't argue with me. I'm older, wiser, have better English skills and will beat you."
1 comment:
And frankly, you are way... WAY hotter too! :) Love you Sarah!
Post a Comment