Tonight my math professor handed out our grades to date. I took a look at the bottom line and saw... C-?!?!? I knew something wasn't right about that, so I looked to see what it was that was missing. Turned out to be... a test. Oh, hells bells. I immediately went to talk to my professor about that. I told her I've never missed a test and I can't imagine why that happened. She said that she wondered what happened as well, because it totally doesn't match my grade history in that class. I went straight over to the testing center to do a little research on what happened. Turns out they don't keep records of grades - just what tests you have to take. The girl who was helping me said that she could see a test still showing available for Math and that I had until tomorrow to take it. She said that's common with online classes. I told her that I don't have any online classes, and we figured out that the math class I had originally enrolled in was still showing up on my available test list... I freaked out, naturally, because a C- is so incredibly NOT ME. Turns out my professor came into the testing center to talk to them about my situation as well. She was gracious enough to tell them (to tell me) that she'd email the test again and I could retake it tomorrow. I was totally fine with that. After much wailing and gnashing of teeth to my dear, dear Rod, I pulled myself together and just figured I'd deal with it.
I checked my UVU email tonight and saw a note from my professor. She told me to call her. She explained to me that there was one other guy in class who had the same problem with having been enrolled in two different math classes and had one of his tests missing. She said that she felt that it wouldn't be fair of me to have to retake the test since it was the testing center's fault, so she just credited the score I got on my quiz 3 for test 3. I got choked up and told her thank you several times and explained that to have to take the test tomorrow would have been hard to squeeze inbetween work and Rachel's choir concert and piano and everything else I have to worry about.
I'm so extremely grateful for what happened tonight.
2 comments:
You've gotta love those little mercies that come just when you need them. I'm so glad you didn't have to take the test.
UPDATE YOUR BLOG MORE.
Post a Comment