Of all the weeks to get the flu, it had to be midterms. Tuesday I left work around 12:30-ish, feeling absolutely cruddy. By 4pm, I was down for the count. I called Helen to save the day with a Slurpee, which I was extremely grateful for. I went to the doctor on Wednesday and was given the verdict: FLU. That sucketh. And did I mention - this week was midterms? Oh, $80 prescription, too. I remember as a little girl watching Granny take all her medications out of her little pill box. I totally felt like I was her, taking all the pills I had to. Metformin for the PCOS, the pill, 4 ibuprofen, and the Flu-B-Gon or whatever it's called. I think I called the pharmacist two times to make sure I wasn't going to die from taking all of those. I tried going into work yesterday. My supervisor took one look at me and said, "You look like $@#!, go home." Good thing I did, cause it wasn't pretty in the parking lot. And, of course, having a 103 temperature three days in a row isn't that helpful when you have two tests to study for.
So today I had those tests. Yeah. I feel pretty good about my Math midterm. I was expecting a huge, time consuming test. 20 questions and permission to use a calculator? Sweet! No geometry questions? Even better! The Nutrition test wasn't as bad as I was thinking it would be. That could be a bad thing, though. We'll have to see. All I can say is that I'm glad to be on the upswing from this thing. Being down and out for 4 days was miserable. Next year, I'm getting a flu shot.
1 comment:
Aaron got super sick with the flu last year - The day before my grandfather's funeral. Hence he had to stay home and THIS year we ALL got flu shots. Hope you're back to 100% soon.
Post a Comment