Saturday, September 3, 2011

My room

I've been spending a lot of time in my craft room lately. I'm even posting this blog from my craft room. I know exactly why this room has gone ignored for so long, and I think that's why I have migrated here on my days off and in my spare time. It's been 6 months since I made the decision to stop going to UVU. UVU sucked the life out of me for three years. When I was there, I did nothing but school and work. Work and school. Nothing else. The only time I set foot in this room was to make my Christmas cards. Seriously, weeks would pass where not one person came in here. I've been going to Stevens-Henager for almost 5 months now, and my stress levels have dropped to an all-time low. I am so incredibly happy with my decision and have no regrets whatsoever.

Since I've spent more time in here, I've rediscovered my passion for dextrous things, and noticed even more so how I go in cycles. I've made about 50 cards of varying kinds, some for me, some for friends. I went through my stitching a few months ago and completed about 4 pieces. Now I've pulled out the boxes of photos that have been collecting dust for those 3+ years it's been since I started UVU. I'm going to work my best on getting these photos on pages, in the best order that I can remember, and work on taking more everyday pictures of Rachel doing Rachel stuff.

I think I owe Rod and Rachel a huge apology for my behavior since January 2008, because it was then that I started going to UVU and lost who I really was and who I really am.

1 comment:

Helen said...

you also dont have an awesome sister there to scrapbook with you. maybe you can ask deb in season 3??