I'm not saying anything on facebook because I am friends with people who don't understand healing. Or in my case, un-healing. I was sitting at the piano in Presbyterian this morning and looked down at my foot. HUGE ball of sticky clear gel looking stuff oozing from the 3mm section of my incision that still hasn't closed up from my surgery 2.5-3 months ago. I wiped it up, played the next hymn, looked at my foot afterward and saw another lump of the same crap. Wiped it up. Tried to find the source of the ooze and found it. Drained as much as I could. Got home and drained a little more. This is what cyst #3 was oozing when I went in for surgery #2. I just barely saw the podi on Thursday. Was my foot acting up like this? Noooo. He gave me some lidocaine patches to put on my foot to get rid of the pain in hopes that it will trigger my body to start healing. Those actually made the pain intensify - excruciating is the least of the descriptor words I can use. I'm holding on to all the pictures I've taken of this latest debacle with my foot so that when I see him in another 3 weeks he can see what's happened during the interim. Meanwhile, my Lyrica intake has gone from every 3-4 days or so to every day.
What have I tried to help heal my foot? Antibac cream scrip the day of the surgery. Raw essential coconut oil. Smart Silver drops. Two different scrip antibiotics. Then I used nothing. Scrip steroid cream. Neosporin. Some other cream he gave me. All are doing NOTHING.
2 comments:
Oh Sarah, I am so sorry that you are still dealing with a the healing process. i am sure I fuel the fire on FB as well, but it just makes me angry for you that your foot is still mad. So instead of being mad for you, how about I just think happy peaceful productively heaking thoughts instead? :) XOXO
Ugh, I'm so sorry Sarah! NO FUN :(
Post a Comment