Monday, May 9, 2011

CREATIVITY!!!

So I'm considering this partial creativity because it involves.... creating. I have ALWAYS been a hater of all things baked. I've tried bread and failed miserably. I can't even make sugar cookies without problems. I LOATHE baking.

Then a friend of mine posted a recipe for cinnamon pull-apart bread and I just had to try it because I love cinnamon. And this recipe has cinnamon AND nutmeg. And it worked!

Anyway, so I had a major success with the first loaf of this bread, and an even better success with the second go around. Then I decided to try some sweet dinner rolls. Success! Then I decided to try a bundt cake. Success! Yesterday I went out on a limb and made those dinner rolls and a different bundt cake. SUCCESS!

Today in my new found love of baking I went out and bought a few things I shouldn't have. I'm on a high from baking (although don't ask me to bake cupcakes. I'm so sick of the cupcake craze.) so I bought two 8" cake pans, a pie/cake transporter, a pastry brush (yes, I have never owned a pastry brush) and.... this beauty!



There's an old commercial that had a jingle with something like, "If I'd have known you were coming I'd have baked a cake..." Well guess what! If you come over to my house, I'll bake a cake and serve it to you on my new, shiny cake plate.

... Silly post about a stupid cake plate, I know. Maybe I've inhaled too much flour in the past 24 hours.

2 comments:

Sheriece said...

Sarah, you make me laugh so hard! I can imagine you with an apron on and flour on your face :)

Moose and Family said...

The pictures you've been posting sure look yummy. It definitely looks like you've had success. I'm not a big baker either. Keep up the good work!