Friday, August 21, 2009

Sorry 'bout that...

I know I've been slightly lackadaisical in my postings around here, but it's because I'm honestly trying to make the most of my last days of summer. I don't want to bore you with my (mis)adventures. I've been out of commission for the day, so to speak, due to a scratched eyeball. Sounds trivial, I know, but it is excruciatingly painful. Guess I slept really well last night. I barely made it home from work, and I'm sure the grimace on my face as I passed other cars on the road made people wonder what was wrong with me.

Not being able to really do what I want to do at the moment (read) has forced me to be a little more creative with my time. I can't drive anywhere. Ask Rachel, we tried about an hour ago. I tried listening to the TV with my eyes closed, but wound up falling asleep. I just renewed another month with my one extravagance, eMusic, so I've been sitting at the computer with my sunglasses on, looking for new music to delight and inspire. I look through my iTunes, and then search for artists that are similar to some of my favorites. Tonight, however, I've found that I'm gravitating to Gabriel Fauré, a French composer, whose works are widely well-known. I like him tons more than Debussy, who sadly seems to get more airtime. Anyway, I got to thinking and I have to say that if I weren't going into Nursing, I'd have to create something to suit my fancy. It'd have to be related to music, literature, and whatever field of psychology that deals with being unable to be who you know you are inside but can't break through your left-brained-ness.

Listening to Fauré makes me want to be even more like what I feel inside. But then I have to listen to Bach to balance out all the frou-frou and reset myself. It's almost like having the desire to eat salty-sweet-salty until both sides are satiated and one can move on with their life.

No comments: