The past 24 hours have been unreal. My friend Ronna called me as we were both walking into work yesterday morning to ask about some cramping she was having. She's 24 weeks pregnant. I told her it sounded like she was having Braxton-Hicks contractions. I had them all the time when I was prego with Rachie. After an hour, she came over and told me that she was going to the hospital. I gave her a hug and told her to keep me posted. About an hour later, her husband called to tell me that she was definitely in labor and was on magnesium to help stop it. I asked if she wanted a blessing from Rod, and she said yes. Rod came and picked me up and we visited with her for about an hour. She said that she was dilated to a 6 and the nurse felt a foot when she checked. I went back to work.
I called again later that afternoon to see how things were and her labor had stopped.
I went to the hospital to see Ronna, and as I walked in the door I heard "epidural," "decisions," and "on his way." I left immediately for our friend Brent's house, and stayed there for an hour or so.
I got the call that the baby had been delivered and that his cord was in a knot, which is why Ronna went into labor in the first place. He needed to get OUT!!
I've been calling the baby My Little Peanut to everyone I've talked to. I got to see him before he was airlifted to Primary last night. My Little Peanut weighs 1 pound, 10 ounces, is about 12 inches long, and is as cute as can be. His little hands and feet are just too cute!!
I am headed back to the hospital tonight to be with Ronna while her husband, her dad, and her grandma head up to see the baby. He's in critical condition until the respirator is removed, and it's been determined that he'll be in NICU until September. Please send out good vibes to Ronna and her family!!
2 comments:
Sarah, how wonderful and scary at the same time. I'm very excited for your friend, and I hope the Little Peanut will thrive and bless his parents. My thoughts and prayers go out to them. Please keep us posted!
We will pray for your friend's family. Technology these days can do amazing things. Keep us posted!
Post a Comment