Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween '08

Rachel had expressed some interest in dressing up as something most of the other kids wouldn't think of. In years past, she's been a witch, a snorkler (her idea), and last year she was Hermione Grainger. (I made her dress robes on that.) So this year, in spirit of one of our favorite Wii games, she decided that she wanted to be Poison Ivy, from Lego Batman. I got so excited at her request - my own daughter, wanting to be the BAD GUY!! I showed her pictures of Uma Thurman's character from the (awful) movie, and Rachel insisted on looking like the Lego character from the game.



I wanted it to be modest (of course) and fall weather appropriate (so she wouldn't have to wear a jacket) so I decided on a flesh colored leotard and green leggings, covered with ivy leaves. Finding the leotard was the easy part. The hunt for green leggings was next to impossible. Finding leggings? No problem. GREEN ones? Not so much. Thursday night I decided to check a few stores that I normally don't go into, and sure enough, Wet Seal was my jackpot! They had one pair of green leggings left, and I didn't think twice about getting them. I added a few leaves to the pants so there was a partial flow to the whole thing, and...



I'm very happy with the end result. Rod had to get her ready in the morning, so I didn't get to see her until after work. When I talked to him later that morning, he said that she couldn't stop grinning and was absolutely thrilled with it. Here's a picture from last night. I can't get over how she looks. NO MAKEUP UNTIL SHE'S 40!!

3 comments:

Moose and Family said...

Wet Seal??? LOL I can't believe that store is still around. I remember shopping there in middle school and my freshman year of hs. Rachel looks GREAT! You did a good job!

Karli said...

So FREAKING awesome!!! These are my favorite costumes... the ones that are actually thought out and planned and NOT like all the rest! Good job!

joanna said...

You know, had I known who Poison Ivy is, I would have not embarassed myself by guessing she was Eve. She looked great!