Rod just told me about a little thing that happened on the way down.
Rachel was asking exactly what relation Erin's family is to us, and he told her - Erin is Aunt Lynette's daughter, and she's [his] cousin. She then asked, "Will I ever be an aunt?" Rod said that if we have any more kids, then she might be. He told her probably not, though.
He told me that after he said that, she got really quiet. Rod then said he looked in the rearview mirror and saw that she was quietly crying.
As her mom, this is totally devastating to hear. Rod and I only have her. I had one miscarriage and then nothing else happened after that. I know there's a possibility that she could marry someone with a huge family and she can have lots of nieces and nephews from his side, but believe me, I do feel a sense of guilt that she's an only child.
1 comment:
Yep, a beautiful, smart, funny, and very lucky 'only child'. You've done a great job and should be very, very proud!
Post a Comment