
Olivia called earlier and assumed I hadn't heard the news based upon my manner upon answering the phone. She was right. I'm stunned. Speechless. I told her I'd call her back and walked down the hallway to tell Rod and Rachel the news. Rachel gave me this look like, "Now what?" and Rod was equally upset to hear the news.
I haven't had time to truly process the information, as I've been up to my eyeballs in homework today. I tried accessing about 5 different local websites to get more information but all of them were overrun with hits from people all over the world, obviously. I just put a movie when Olivia called. I went online to see if my friend Alexis was online. She's in Rohnert Park and I wasn't sure if she'd have heard. I guess she had a few people call her and let her know. I called Olivia back to see if I needed to call Lori or Lara. It got to the point where I needed to get my mind to slow down after today... just in time to start the work week tomorrow.
Comcast's home page had a news point about President Hinckley. I was hoping they would.
I started thinking about how wonderful a man he was, and all the things he had done for the church during his presidency. What a legacy he left. Then I got to thinking... The three of us were privledged beyond explanation to have been given tickets to conference at the last minute last October. I think Bishop Pike told Bro. Allred to call us and give them to us. I remember being so excited because conference tickets aren't that easy to come by and it was for the Sunday afternoon session - the only session the three of us could attend together. Our seats weren't that great, but to be in the same room as President Hinckley? To look back and realize that we saw one of his last public appearances, and got to hear the last time he addressed us as a worldwide congregation just brings me to tears. I remember when President Kimball died. I remember feeling sad. I was also just a little girl. This is saddening to the core. I know that he's now with his sweetheart and is having the biggest welcome home party to date. What an incredible man.
No comments:
Post a Comment