Sunday, December 30, 2007

Can I get a break? Please??

So I'm dealing with the wonderfulness of not having my brand new car, which brings me great sadness. That's taking a lot of the wind out of our We're-going-to-England sails.

Friday as I'm headed into work, I drop my phone in the parking lot. Nothing new, but apparently my phone decided to tell me it was tired of my loose grip. Plaid screen - Black and whatever wasn't blacked out was so illegible that I couldn't even tell who was calling me. Beautiful.

I clock out for lunch. Walk over to the cooler, grab a sandwich, an apple and head to the checkout. Reach in my pocket for my debit card, NOTHING THERE. I freak out and retrace my steps. NOTHING THERE. I know it's lost somewhere, as I had put my card in my pocket when I punched out. I run back to my locker, grab my plaid-screened phone and call my bank. Who should answer the phone but the slowest talking guy I've ever spoken with. I explain to him that I lost my debit card in Walmart and I need to cancel it immediately. He started his "I'm sorry," schpiel and said, "Well, you actually have two options." As soon as he says that, my phone dies. D-E-D. I run over to a store phone and immediately call back. I got the same guy and told him that I don't want any options and scream that I lost my card in a WALMART. I don't care what happens as long as that card is cancelled before some dum-dum can go on a shopping spree (albeit a smaller version of something you'd see on, say, Supermarket Sweep). Needless to say, I have nothing for lunch. Wonderful.

After work, I head to Mtnland to pick up a keypad from one of the Realtors I help out on the side once or so a week. I run up to SLC to take pics of a home. I am to meet the owner at 4pm, pick up a key from her, set the box, and do the pics. 4pm, no owner. 4:15, still no owner. Phone dead. No option to call and give her the what for. I get tired and leave.

I head to AF, drive up to the second house to snap photos. No one home to get in the way or take up time with idle chit-chat about how great their house is. Beautiful. I get up to the door, turn on the Realtor key... and it's expired. Can't get into the house. Can't take pictures. Life is just wonderful at this point. I've wasted 2 hours.

Get home after picking Rachel up from my sis-in-law's place in Spanish. Check my UVSC stuff to make sure my tuition is paid. Yeah... um... no.

However, that was Friday. Today (Sunday) was the best day of the week - just as good as Christmas. More to come about that on another day. Probably tomorrow.

No comments: